“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. Examples include reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or email address.
We do not consider information that has been anonymised or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise as personal data.
- STERLON collects information from the individual concerned on a claim form, when coverage under a policy of insurance is being requested; use of the Website; asking for information from STERLON; contacting STERLON by phone or email.
- Personal data may be used by STERLON to enable us to evaluate and settle claims, respond to the Insured’s questions or comments and to provide or improve STERLON’s products and services.
- STERLON may provide the Insured’s Personal data to third parties who provide services on our behalf e.g. legal assistance.
- STERLON reserves the right to disclose any Personal data as needed if such information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are requested to do so by law, regulation, court order or any government entity.
- STERLON may disclose the Insured’s Personal data for any purpose to which the Insured consents.
- The security of Personal data is extremely important. STERLON maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use or disclosure of, or access to Personal data collected. STERLON limits access to personal information about the Insured to those employees and agents who assist STERLON in providing services to the Insured.
- Personal data collected is retained as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which STERLON collects it except if required otherwise by law.
Kevin Le Messurier-Girling, President and Compliance Officer
STERLON – Legal Expense Insurance Specialists