LEI for Principals and Vice-Principals
This coverage is designed for Principals and Vice-Principals and provides payment of legal fees for a variety of issues affecting your professional standing and your ability to hold a professional licence.
STERLON Specializes in the Education Field
The insured can select a lawyer from a panel of law firms specializing in the education field and there is coverage for the legal fees and disbursements incurred up to a maximum hourly rate of $400.
Payment of reasonable out-of-pocket disbursements, income, salary or wages when the insured is absent from work due to attending any court, tribunal or arbitration proceeding as a result of any of the above, as long as such reimbursement is not recoverable by the insured under a policy of insurance issued to the insured or the insured’s employer or as long as the money is not recoverable from any other source. Amounts paid will not exceed $500 per day or $5000 in any one school year.
Summary of Coverage
- Toll free telephone legal advice for the insured and the insured’s spouse or dependent children during regular business hours regarding matters of a personal nature;
- Toll free telephone legal advice during normal business hours regarding matters arising from the insured’s employment as a Director of Education;
- Payment of reasonable legal fees and expenses for matters arising from the insured’s conduct or duties acting as a Director of Education in respect of:
- any investigation, inquiry and/or hearing concerning a matter of the insured’s fitness to practice;
- any investigation, inquiry and/or hearing concerning the insured’s discipline and/or misconduct and/or complaint;
- pursuit of legal proceedings following a dispute with the insured’s employer which arises out of or relates to the insured’s contract of employment;
- defence of the insured against criminal or statutory charges;
- defence of the insured against quasi-criminal proceedings.
- defence of the insured against any complaint of discrimination undertaken by the Human Rights Tribunal.
1–555 Barry Downe Road
Alberta & BC
Sarah Hanson, BA, CRM, CAIB (Hons)
Vice President, Client Executive
520–8621 201 Street