LEI for Education Professionals
This coverage is designed for Principals, Vice Principals, Superintendents and Directors, and provides payment of legal fees for a variety of issues affecting your professional standing and your ability to hold a professional licence.
Summary of Coverage
- Toll-free telephone legal advice between the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST regarding matters of personal and/or professional nature (unlimited in usage and duration)
- Payment of legal fees and expenses up to agreed limits arising from conduct and/or duties as a professional in respect of:
- Any investigation, inquiry and/or hearing before the College of Teachers concerning a matter of fitness to practice and/or discipline and/or misconduct and/or complaint
- Defence of criminal charges such as harassment or assault
- Any employment dispute such as contractual terms, demotion, performance issues
- Defence of any complaint of discrimination undertaken by the Human Rights Commission
See the categories below for more information on the available products.